Sunday, January 12, 2014

Accepting the Challenge to Write My Memories

Accepting the Challenge to Write My Memories
I am back row, 6th from left. Blonde hair, weird smile
Over at Olive Tree Genealogy blog is a Genealogy Writing Challenge. It's 52 weeks of writing your own memoirs.  Lorine will be posting a weekly prompt each Sunday on Olive Tree Genealogy blog under the topic Sharing Memories

The first week's prompt was about Kindergarten. You can read Lorine's blog post for the first week at Challenge: 52 Weeks of Writing Our Memories - Kindergarten Days

I'm accepting the challenge and here is my memory of my Kindergarten days:

I remember my teacher, Mrs. Peet. She was really nice and we all liked her. I also remember my friend Greg Scott. He was the only kid I hung around with and played with in Kindergarten.

The Christmas Pageant sticks in my mind the most. I played the Innkeeper and had to tell Joseph and Mary there was no room in my Inn but they could sleep in my barn.

I still remember the ride to school on the bus. It was my first time on a bus and going somewhere. There was one little kid who was crying and didn't want to get on the bus!

Lorine will be posting a weekly prompt each Sunday on Olive Tree Genealogy blog under the topic Sharing Memories


No comments: