Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Making a Genealogy Time Capsule

My post about the Roman grave goods found in London started me thinking about how great it is to find a physical connection to our ancestors. It is so fantastic to be able to touch something that belonged to one of our ancestors. I am fortunate to be in possession of many items that belonged to my ancestors. But what will future generations have that belonged to me? Only time will tell.

If you are interested in sending a little bit of yourself into the future you may be interested in a series of articles on the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog called Making a Genealogy Time Capsule.

Just think how fantastic it would be if a hundred or perhaps a thousand years from now archaeologists were to find a time capsule full of information about you and your family.

No comments: